The week of August 17-23, 2020, the NBIA will host its annual workshop on current themes in high energy physics and cosmology.
The idea is to provide a stimulating environment with few talks per day, but plenty of time for informal discussions. A broad range of topics will be addressed. This year's focus is on physics and astrophysics in the era of gravitational wave detection.
- Nils Anderson (Southampton)
- Almudena Arcones (Darmstadt)
- Emanuele Berti (Johns Hopkins)
- Duncan Brown (Syracuse)
- Adam Burrows (Princeton)
- Manuela Campanelli (Rochester)
- Vitor Cardoso (Lisbon)
- Thibault Damour* (IHES)
- Jochen Greiner (MPE Munich)
- Paul Ho (ASIAA)
- Anna Ijjas (Harvard)
- Thomas Janka (MPE Munich)
- Luis Lehner (Perimeter Institute)
- Alessandra Papa AEI Hannover)
- Rafael Porto (DESY)
- Luciano Rezzolla (Frankfurt)
- Ira Rothstein (Carnegie Mellon)
- Paul Steinhardt (Princeton)
Participation is open, but speakers are by invitation only. If you register for the workshop please note that due to space limitations you have not been accepted before you have received confirmation from NBIA Administrative Officer Jane Elvekjaer.
The meeting will take place in the historical Auditorium A of the Niels Bohr Institute.
Organizers: Emil Bjerrum-Bohr, Poul Damgaard, Martin Pessah, Irene Tamborra and Johan Samsing