- The physics and chemistry of protoplanetary disks
- Dust evolution and planetesimal formation
- Formation of terrestrial and gas-giant planets
- Young stellar objects from an observational point of view
- Bertram Bitsch (MPIA)
- Barbara Ercolano (Ludwig Maximilians University Munich)
- Kouichi Hirotani (ASIAA)
- Sarah Maddison (Swinburne University)
- Nienke van der Marel (NRC Herzberg Institute for Astrophysics)
- Andrea Mignone (University of Torino)
- Yamila Miguel (Leiden)
- Hsien Shang (ASIAA)
- Pablo Benitez-Llambay (Niels Bohr International Academy)
- Martin Bizzarro (Center for Star and Planet Formation)
- Troels Haugbølle (Niels Bohr Institute & Center for Star and Planet Formation)
- Jes Kristian Jørgensen (Niels Bohr Institute & Center for Star and Planet Formation)
- Martin Pessah (Niels Bohr International Academy)
- Introduce the students to the fundamental theoretical concepts and current observational constraints in the field of protoplanetary disks and planet formation.
- Bring together students interested in these subjects with some of the world's experts in an environment fostering interactions and exchange of ideas, allowing the students to develop their international network.
- Encourage the students to continue working in these fields, emphasizing the importance of a multidisciplinary approach to research in these active areas.
Venue and Organizational Aspects
The school will take place in The Niels Bohr Institute on Blegdamsvej 17. The lectures will take place in the historic Auditorium A. The school is jointly organized by the Niels Bohr International Academy (NBIA) and the Centre for Star and Planet Formation at the Natural History Museum of Denmark and The Niels Bohr Institute together with Academia Sinica Institute for Astronomy and Astrophysics (ASIAA). NBIA will provide infrastructure in the form of discussion rooms to facilitate impromptu collaborations and discussions in smaller groups. A social dinner for all participants will be organized during the course of the school.
- Pablo Benítez-Llambay (NBIA)
- Martin Bizzarro (StarPlan)
- Troels Haugbølle (NBI/StarPlan)
- Leonardo Krapp (NBIA)
- Min Kai Lin (ASIAA)
- George Mamatsashvili (NBIA)
- Martin Pessah (NBIA)
- Ximena Ramos (NBIA)
- Hsien Shang (ASIAA)
- Philipp Weber (NBIA)
- Jane Elvekjaer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Martin Pessah <email@example.com>
This program is supported by
We gratefully acknowledge financial support from the Rosenfeld Fund.