Aims and Format
This workshop will bring together astronomers and particle physicists interested in the phenomenology of self-interacting dark matter. This is a meeting for experts so participation is by invitation only. All invited participants will be provided local hospitality. If you are particularly interested in participating then please contact the organisers.
There will be two themes explored every day - one in the morning and one in the afternoon. In each, a keynote talk will be followed by brief contributions. It is intended that discussion should take up most of the time.
- Standard structure formation in CDM: successes & failures (Pontzen & Yu)
- Gravitational lensing probes of SIDM (Harvey)
- Structure formation with SIDM: theory (Cyr-Racine)
- Structure formation with SIDM: simulations (Zavala)
- SIDM particle model building (Zaldivar)
- Constraints on SIDM from direct & indirect detection (Tulin)
- Small-scale structure beyond SIDM (Archidiacono)
- Summary & future directions (Boehm)
If you wish to make a brief contribution then please contact the relevant session convenor(s) named above.
Participants are expected to arrive on Sunday and stay until the following Saturday. There will be a welcome reception on Monday and the workshop dinner on Friday, while on Wednesday there will be an all-day excursion to the Louisiana Museum of Modern Art where discussions can continue in an informal setting.
Administrative Coordinator: Anette Luff Studsgård