A conference dedicated to celebrate the career of Prof. Åke Nordlund
The conference is intended to celebrate the rich career of Professor Åke Nordlund (Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark) and in particular his contributions to the field of star formation with excursions into other fields in which Åke has extensively worked such as the modeling of stellar atmospheres, numerical code development, and more recently his work in the area of planet formation.
We hope many of you can join us and take part in this celebration.
Registration and abstract submission are now Open !
Deadline for Abstract submission to be considered for a talk: 15 February 2019 (Midnight CET)
- Galactic scale star formation
- Formation of Molecular clouds and the origin and characteristics of turbulent motions in molecular clouds and in the interstellar medium
- Fragmentation of clouds, filaments, core mass function, and the origin of the stellar mass function
- High mass star formation, stellar feedback, and the formation of stellar clusters
- Low mass star formation, disk formation, and non-ideal MHD effects
- The formation of planets and the Solar system
- Solar/Stellar physics and connections to star formation
- Recent advances in code development for astrophysical fluid dynamics